46 calories per truffle, 15-20 truffle balls per recipe…yes, please! This is just what us sweet tooth lovers are looking for: Lemon Ginger Truffle Balls! Granted, I usually enjoy chocolate or peanut butter to be a part of my sweet treat indulgence; I will say that these actually hit the spot regardless of those missing “yum factor” ingredients. So here’s the skinny on the recipe:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup dried apples
- 1/4 rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. In a food processor, add all the ingredients. Mix/pulse for at least 1-2 minutes. It will take a bit for the dough to mix.
2. Once mixture is processed together and “dough like”, pour mixture in a bowl. Form balls by packing the mixture together.
3. Place lemon ginger truffle balls onto parchment/wax paper in a storage dish/pan.
4. Place in refrigerator to set for 5 minutes.
**courtesy Dr. Johnny Bowden’s 150 Healthiest 15 minute recipes.***