We all know that I preach meal planning and cooking for the bulk of your weekly meals…..so I thought I’d share some recipes that I whipped up and brought with me on my 4 day, 3 night business trip:
Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 chicken breasts – pound to 1/4 inch, cut in half
In a food processor chop (you can manually chop, but it would require a lot of effort):
- 4 cups of fresh spinach (baby or regular)
- 1/4 cup fresh or dry basil
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6-8 oz feta cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
The mixture looks something like this when it’s ready:
Simply LIGHTLY spread a layer of this on the wider end of the halved chicken breast. Roll it and place in crock pot with the SEAM END down.
Once all breasts are placed in crock pot, pour a can of basil-garlic diced tomatoes (or whatever your flavor choice is).
Cook on low for 4-5 hours OR on high for 2-3 hours.
Lime Curried Carrots (my fave):
I’ve posted this recipe before, click here: http://ariesincharge.com/2014/01/02/lime-curried-carrots/
Protein Almond Bread
- 4 cups almond meal
- 2-3 scoops vanilla protein powder (2 scoops if you don’t want it too dry)
- 5 eggs (or 1 1/4 cup egg whites)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking powder
Mix it together, pour into a loaf pan.
Bake for 60 minutes at 300 degrees.
Turkey Taco Chili
- 1-1.5 pounds ground turkey (browned)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce (more if you like your chili thinner and not chunky)
- 1 can of beans (you choose, all taste good)
- 8 oz/small can of yellow corn
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 1 packet mild taco seasoning (low sodium if you want to tone down the saltiness)
Throw it together in the crock pot, cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top when serving.
(I also sauteed some zucchini and squash as sides too)………….
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! The majority of my meal planning has now been revealed for you to try. And I hope you do! I’m pumped about my food. Stuffed chicken breast and lime curried carrots for lunch while co-workers eat a salad from McDonalds? Yes, please!
Have a fantastic week!