My taste buds truly love healthy foods. As a child, I said my favorite food was corn on the cob and ate vegetables like they were candy. However, eating well isn’t all butterflies and ribbons for me (or whatever that saying is)…I love ALL foods. Especially the sugary, icing covered sweets. Do not stand between me and cake. Just fair warning. You will not win. So because of this, I am sharing one my less guilty, fantastically tasting sweet treat recipes —- Protein Peanut Butter Fudge!
Oh yes, you heard me right, fellow TGIF-ers! Protein Peanut Butter Fudge exists. And my two cents on this is to use naturally made nut butters from a store like Wild By Nature or Whole Foods. Oh so good. Don’t eat the whole tray at once, although tempting! Courtesy of Girls Gone Strong (99 Recipes Book), here it is:
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
• 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 cup Splenda
• 1 cup vanilla protein powder
1. Microwave the butter and peanut butter together for a minute, stir to combine.
2. Return to microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted; whisk well.
3. Stir in the cream cheese until well blended and smooth.
4. Whisk in the sweetener.
5. Add the whey protein until everything is combined
6. Line a baking dish with foil and grease it.
7. Spread the mixture evenly over the pan and freeze for 2-3 hours, until set.